Today I choose not to drink!
10 Reasons Why I Have Fallen Out of Love with Alcohol
- Feeling worthless – waking up at 3a thinking I’m a horrible person, the crushing guilt and feelings are no way to start the day
- Feeling guilty – wondering what I said, did or who I hurt
- Feeling embarrassed – SEE ABOVE – having to figure out who, what or how I hurt them… Having to admit I didn’t remember the things that were said or done
- Feeling enslaved – It’s no fun anymore, it’s like being chained to the bottle. You don’t want it, it’s just there.
- Family – the hurt and embarrassment I’ve caused my family by being drunk
- Effects on my body – weight gain, ruddiness, upset stomach constantly
- Money!!! So many better things to spend money on
- Time!!! So much eaten up by working and getting home and worrying about when I can get the first drink in and then once I start, it’s hard to stop!!!
- I like the sober me better… She’s nicer, more together, and much more pleasant to be around.
- I want to feel better period; mentally, physically, emotionally